The Department is charged with the administrative functions within the Headquarters, Regional and State Offices, as well as the Parastatals that fall under the supervision of the Ministry.
Preparation of manpower budget.
Conduct Senior and Junior Staff Committees meetings on appointment, promotion and discipline matters.
Processing requests for variation advice, appointment regularization, annual leave and staff auditing.
Handling disciplinary matters including petitions, queries, investigations and sanctions.
Handling enrollment and capturing new staff into the IPPIS platform and other related matters in collaboration with OAGF.
Organizing training workshops for Officers and recommending nominations for Professional and Technical Aid courses;
Processing requests for study leave and in-service training;
Processing combined confirmation / promotion examination for recruited officers.
Supervising in-house unions and ensuring good Industrial Relations in the Ministry.
Facilitating Sports, Staff Housing, Health Insurance and related welfare matters
Processing payment of Death Benefits to Next-of-Kin of deceased staff.
Coordinating the activities of the Ministry’s Staff Clinic for firsthand the provision of emergency medical services on common ailments, chronic diseases, medical fitness, eye care and physiotherapy.
- Appointment, Promotion & Discipline Division
- Organisation Structure, Succession Planning
- Recruitment, Regularization, Secondment, Transfer
- Documentation, Records, Posting, Induction,
- Confirmation, Conversion, Upgrading, Advancement
- Emolument, Allowances, Leave,
- Reprimand, Dismissal, Reinstatement
2.Training & Staff Welfare Division.
- Capacity Building
- Pension, Housing, Insurance,
- Health, Sports,
- Industrial | Employee Relations